How I ended up in Ravenclaw

What's that? You want the story of my first trip to Hogwarts and my sorting? Well okay. Just sit tight
and read along.
I must admit I was vey surprised when I got my letter. Magic was a dream that I never really thought to actually be true. It was a dream, right up until that day, when a parchment letter arrived in my family's mailbox, with my name on it. At first I thought it was a joke. A practical joke and that someone was laughing their asses off, on my behalf. Well my family denied knowing anything about the letter and so did my friends back then. So with time I began to to actually believe it. Thank god for that, or else I wouldn't have ever gone to the best school ever. The school of my dreams. Hogwarts.

Well as you probably already guessed; I'm muggleborn, so no one in my family really knew what to do or how to react to the fact that I was accepted to a school of witchcraft and wizadry. When we finally did get more used to the fact that I have magic, or that magic is actually a thing in general, I couldn't have been happier. My dreams came true at such a young age, it was incredible.

When the 1st of September finally came, I arrived at the trainstation and you can only imagine how terrified I was, having to try and get onto the platform. But I made it. After lots and LOTS of hesitation and second thoughts. I made it and it was fantastic! A huge red and black oldschool train. smoke from the front of the train lazily moved around the platform. With a slight fear in my heart and a fear of being all alone when I said goodbye to my parents and my brother, I boarded the train.

I walked down through the train, getting more and more awkward and afraid as I progressed throughout the train. Everywhere I looked were crowded with people and I were so afraid. I didn't know anyone and honestly I wasn't going to just walk into a coupe to a lot of people and just go "HELLO, NEW FRIENDS!". That was just never gonna happen, so I kept walking. Much to my luck, near the back end of the train, I found a coupe which I at first thought was empty. I swung the door open and hurried inside with my bags and flopped down on the seat with a huge groan.

"Sounds exhausting?" I voice sounded in the coupe and thats when I realized that the coupe had actually NOT been empty. On the other side of it, hidden from the way I came down aisle of the train, sat another girl with dark hair. I apologised a ton of times because I had just barged in and tried to explain that I hadn't known anyone was in there.Great start right? Well we ended up sharing the coupe, alle the way to school. Turns out she was a first year too and to this day, we're actually still friends.

We made it safe and sound to Hogwarts after what felt like a very long trainride. The castle looked absolutely stunning and when we made it inside, I suddenly felt something nagging in the back of my mind. What house would I be sorted into? Because for some reason, I sure as hell did not want to be sorted into Hufflepuff. I was somehow rooting for Slytherin because I always thought it was a place for all the cool guys, and I just really wanted to be a cool person. Getting lined up i front of the whole school felt incredibly uncomfortable. Everyones eyes were on me and the rest of the first years. Luckily, I now had Helene by my side. After sharing the entire ride to the school, it seemed like we both felt like we had found someone to lean on. It didn't last long though, because soon Helene were called up. I watched as she had the sorting hat placed on her head and she were sorted. Slytherin. Lucky girl!

When it became my turn a while later, I went up to the stool in front of literally EVERYONE. I could feel all eyes borring into my head as i placed the sorting hat on my head. To this day, I still have no idea what happened. My entire brain went completely blank and I just sort of sat there for what felt like ages, before I was ripped back into reality, by the hat, screaming that I had been sorted into RAVENCLAW!

At first I literally didn't get it. I mean I wasn't really a smart person. I've never been wise or anything. But as I thought at the time, at least it wasn't Hufflepuff. Shame, I know. Even if I didn't get the house I hoped for it turned out, that Ravenclaw was actually the house for me. I learned to love my house and be proud. And with that, I also learned that actually, being a Hufflepuff wouldn't have been bad either, because all four houses has their great traits and when the hat sorts you, it sorts you into the house where you belong. I joined my housemates, and even though I sometimes still wish Helene and I had made the same house, so I had a friend in my own house, already from the start, it all turned out great.

I'm proud to be a Ravenclaw.

Kommentarer