How i ended up in Slytherin


My parents were very excited when I got my letter. It wasn’t any surprise when the owl landed on the fence outside our door. What actually did surprise me was that my parents asked me if I wanted to. Who didn’t want to go to Hogwarts? It had always been my dream!
I’ve had the magic nagging in my body for some time, but I couldn’t do anything about, because I didn’t know how. At Hogwarts they could teach me how to use it properly.

I will not lie; I was terrified by the way I had to go to the platform. I have heard about it from my family, how they had to run towards a brick wall to go to the platform, but to me it seemed really cool until I stood there. I thought I was having a panic attack until my mom grabbed my hand and we ran together. It was hard to say goodbye to my parents. Now that I don’t have any siblings and I always kept to myself, my parents were like my best friends. I said goodbye quickly so I wouldn’t cry and got on the Hogwarts Express in the back. It was like everyone else knew each other already and was hooking arms as soon they got in. I found an empty coupe and swung my luggage on the shelf over my head and found one of the books I got in Diagon Ally. I wanted to be prepared when I got there. I didn’t know how much all the other knew, because I never really spoke with anyone my age. As I sat there, a girl with dirty blonde hair hurried inside and sighed. It was first when I talked to her that she seemed to notice me being there. When we really started talking I felt calmer, because it seemed like I wasn’t the only one who didn’t really know how to use my magic. She was easy to talk to and I really hoped that we could be sorted into the same house. Then I would at least know someone.

My mom had told me about the boat trip to Hogwarts with the gamekeeper of the school, but I could have never imagined how beautiful and scary it was at the same time. As we sat in the self-sailing boats, the gigantic castle seemed creepy in the dark. The fact that you could sense that something living was in the black water was chilling. But you soon forgot about it, when the castles warm light got closer. It brought up the same feeling like Christmas candles.


The Great Hall was filled with voices, laugher and music. We followed the teacher through the huge wooden doors and as soon we stood in front of the teachers table. In the centre of the room stood a small stool with the sorting hat on it. It looked so old that I thought it would fall to pieces as soon someone touched it, but when the teacher started to take it up and place it on peoples head, it suddenly came to live and started to speak with the terrified students and sorted them into the four houses. I didn’t have a clue where I would get sorted in, because I never felt like I belonged anywhere. The sorting hat came with a small explanation for some of the students and nothing sounded like me. The only thing I hoped for was that I got sorted in the same house as Camilla, the girl I met on the Hogwarts Express. When my name was called up I gulped and made my way through the crow of first year students. The hat didn’t give me much of an explanation when it sorted me into Slytherin and the people wearing the green robes clapped. I have to admit, I had to get used to be in Slytherin at first. Some of the people weren’t nice and the house didn’t have the greatest history. But the students here were smart and devoted to learn as much as possible. The Slytherin common room was in the crypt which didn’t bother me at all. I was used to have my room in the basement at home, so the different was the dim light. Also, it wasn’t that I stopped being friends with Camilla because she was sorted into Ravenclaw. We just lived in each our end of the castle. 

Kommentarer